Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The Obama Effect

I arose early this morning and took my daughter to a public event to watch President Obama take his oath of office and his speech that inspired me.

I have some simple thoughts. I think like many people, I have become renewed and resolved. I am ready to serve in what way I can. I do not think that it will change. I will do what I have done in the past, within my skill sets and in line with my principles. But what has changed is that I feel that my efforts will not be fighting a losing battle. Perhaps, if he can continue to ignite people's inspiration, and I'm not talking about those already involved, but those who were not inclined to donate their time to community service of some sort, if President Obama can do that, we may finally begin a progress towards something that transcends the kind of bigotry, narrow-mindedness and selfishness that has marked so much of the past decade.

No comments:

Post a Comment


park

wing #1