Saturday, March 7, 2009

Morgan Tsvangirai and the Beleaguered Zimbabwe Nation

Well, as I reported yesterday, some of the early AP reports carried on some other sites, like the unfortunately equally-beleaguered Yahoo, were carrying reports that Susan Tsvangirai was seriously injured but not dead. I checked later and the story Yahoo's AP feed was carrying finally acknowledged that she had died.

I cannot express enough sadness for this country and its struggles since it finally threw off the shackles of colonialism.

Now of course there are questions of whether this was an intentional assassination attempt on Tsvangirai himself. That remains to be seen, and is clearly a very sensitive subject given the very delicate position he occupies, vis-a-vis Robert Mugabe and his cohort.

But I express my deepest, most heartfelt sympathy for the man, and his movement. And I hope that the situation improves, though I have my doubts.

No comments:

Post a Comment


park

wing #1